Pergravis is constantly searching for top-tier talent to add to its team of data management professionals and specialists. If you believe your skill set can aid us in our mission of providing our customers with the utmost in support and expertise, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Pergravis Data Center Facility Subject Matter Expert
Capital District Region
Pergravis, LLC is a mission critical facility consulting, design and maintenance firm that serves private and public sector clients throughout the United States, Caribbean and Latin America. The Company seeks a Data Center Facility Subject Matter Expert to assist clients in the development of specifications and requirements for future data center facilities. The position is based in the Capital District Region (CDR).
The Data Center Facility Subject Matter Expert (SME) will provide consultation to clients in the area of data center facility physical infrastructure. This includes three phase electrical systems, uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), stationary battery installations, mechanical systems, life safety systems, physical security systems, video surveillance systems, data center space utilization and inside cable plant infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of data center design principles, the ability to recommend system architectures based on client uptime requirements, develop estimated facility system capacities based on inventories of enterprise hardware and be well versed in industry standards governing these systems. The candidate should also be familiar with the best practices and materials utilized in both data center and SCIF construction.
The SME will be a team player, able to function effectively as a valued resource within a multi-disciplinary team of consultants and engineers. The SME must also be a self-starter able to work without direct daily supervision
The successful candidate will hold a BS in mechanical or electrical engineering, have prior data center facility experience, understand the basics of enterprise architecture and have a minimum of five years’ experience in the data center facility field.
The Data Center SME may be called upon to perform activities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical and professional leadership in customer environments
- Work with clients to define facility system architectures, requirements and specifications
- Develop high level conceptual system architectures and facility designs.
- Conduct data center physical infrastructure assessments
- Monitor existing data center facility resources (power, cooling and physical space) and extrapolate future requirements from existing system loads
- Work closely with clients, team members and partner firms.
- Present facility concept and project status briefings to senior client leadership
Skills & Requirements
- Hold a TS security clearance with ability to acquire TS/SCI.
- Familiarity with mission critical facility best practices and industry standards including those by the Uptime Institute, ASHRAE, BICSI, EIA, TIA and NFPA (NEC)
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to write in a clear, concise manner and develop documents with a well ordered, logical flow.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment
- Able to multi-task in high pressure situations and take ‘ownership’ of projects/tasks.
- Ability to learn quickly and be accepting of changing project requirements
- A general understanding of networking technologies and principles
- A general understanding of virtualization technology
- Familiarity with enterprise hardware including traditional servers, blade servers, switches, routers, storage devices (NAS/SAN), backup devices and other devices commonly found in the data center environment
- Be an advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred; BA/BS with relevant data center experience considered.
- Data Center Facility Certifications such as those by the Uptime Institute, Marist/IDCP, EPI, ICOR, etc. are desirable.